What to do in Sardinia and Gallura for New Year’s Eve 2017 and Christmas 2016? We propose a selection of events planned in the island for Christmas holidays, New Year’s Eve and Epiphany. The highlights are the events planned for New Year’s Eve in Sardinia and Gallura. The calendar includes many events such as Christmas concerts, children’s shows, food and wine markets and shows for Epiphany.
New Year’s Eve in Sardinia
The more important towns of Sardinia will welcome the new year 2017 with some musical events of different sounds.
- New Year’s Eve in Olbia In the greatest town of Gallura, the appointment is in Piazza Mercato with a concert by the local rapper En?gma and dj set with Pippo Palmieri of Radio 105.
- New Year’s Eve in Arzachena The musical event for the end of the year 2016 will begin at 11p.m. in Piazza Risorgimento with free admission.
- New Year’s Eve in Tempio Pausania The Capuannu Tempiese will start at 9p.m. at the Pischinaccia Command house. The Association of Friends of the Brotherhood in collaboration with the Pro Loco organizes a gala dinner to celebrate the start of the new year.
- New Year’s Eve in La Maddalena The Gallurese archipelago will welcome 2017 with fireworks in Piazza Umberto I at 11p.m.
- New Year’s Eve in Sassari The appointment is in Piazza Italia, with the piano and electric keyboards of Raphael Gualazzi and his latest album “Peace Love Life”. There will also be Beppe Dettori and Pille dj.
- New Year’s Eve in Castelsardo with Max Gazzè.
- New Year’s Eve in Alghero The Cap d’Any in Alghero is dedicated to dance music. The protagonist is the young Spanish singer Lara Taylor with “Ibiza Bandit Band”.
- New Year’s Eve in Cagliari Even this year, Cagliari proposes the formula chosen during last years with various events in 4 squares of its historic center: Piazza Yenne, Piazza San Giacomo, Piazzetta Savoia, Bastione of Santa Croce and Piazza Italia at Pirri. The program provides a videomapping and different kind of music genres such as swing, rap, jazz, folk, pop. Among guests Madh, the singer of Carbonia finalist of X Factor 2014.
Christmas concerts in Gallura
Music will accompany Gallura for all holiday season, not just during the last day of the year, with several appointments. The main Christmas concerts in Olbia will be: the Christmas concert with the choir “City of Olbia” (on 22 December at 9p.m. ) and that of singer of Bolotana Maria Giovanna Cherchi (on 29 December at 9p.m.) at St. Paul’s church.
In the rest of Gallura we point out these following music events. On Monday 26 December at 9p.m., in Santa Teresa di Gallura there is (admission is free) “The Good News” by the association Laborintus and Santa Cecilia’s choir. In San Teodoro on 27 December at 9p.m. at Teatro La Dome it is possibile to attend free at the concert of the Brass Quintet “Christmas Notes” by the Association Musicale Bernardo de Muro. Finally Palau hosts an opera concert at the Teatro Montiggia, on 28 December at 9p.m. .
Christmas events for children in Gallura
Christmas 2016 in Gallura is rich in events for children. Children’s events include exhibitions, movies and shows. These are some events that we have selected. Golfo Aranci hosts the Christmas Park until 6th January, set up in Piazza La Piccola. Inside the Christmas Village children can visit Santa Claus House, the Leoland Lunapark, meet the Elves while their parents can go shopping in the Christmas market. The morning of 25th December, Santa Claus will arrive in his carriage at Piazza Gallura in Tempio Pausania to distribute his gifts. We also report in Sassari the model exhibition “The train”. The collection can be visited until 15th January at the Palace of Frumentaria and it is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of UNICEF.
Christmas and food and wine markets
The second edition of the food and wine event “Da Natali a Capuanni “ is very relevant. It will run from 27 to 31 December 2016 at Arzachena, organized in collaboration with Slow Food. The event, set in the historic heart of the town on the Emerald Coast, includes: a gourmet market; tasting courses of beer, wine and oil; a cooking workshop for children. The event consists in tasting of typical dishes of Gallurese cuisine. There will be a different dish “Piatto della Feste” for each of five days of the event.
For its importance, we insert in our selection also the Christmas Market in Cagliari. The event is an exhibition of many kinds of products: agricultural, food and wind, artisan and gifts. The exhibition will run until 23th December from 11a.m. to 9p.m. in the pavilion E of local fair in Viale Diaz. The admission fee is free.
The Befana in Gallura
In Olbia, the House of Epiphany will be open from 2 to 6 January from 4p.m. to 8 p.m. in Vicolo della Refezione. On 6 January, there will be the descent of Epiphany at 4 p.m. in Piazzale del Comune. Also San Teodoro hosts in Piazza Mediterraneo some events. They start at 3 p.m.: a puppet show organized by Teatro Tages; a charity fishing organized by the Parish Caritas; cakes, panettone and candy for everyone and of course the Befana. In Arzachena in Piazza Risorgimento there will be a distribution of sweets from 4p.m. to 7p.m..
For full details and for any changes of reported events, we recommend you to check the calendar of Christmas events 2016 in Arzachena and in other towns on the websites of their administration and tourist offices.
If you decide to spend Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Gallura and Porto Cervo, take the opportunity to visit the Emerald Coast and its villas. The staff of ImmobilSarda is at your disposal.
In the meantime we wish you merry Christmas and happy new year.