Yacht Club Costa Smeralada is the Sardinia yacht club in Porto Cervo. The YCCS has celebrated its 50 years of history in 2017. It is one of the most prestigious associations in Porto Cervo. The club has transformed the heart of the Emerald Coast into the ideal destination for luxury boat owners or for all enthusiasts of regattas, boats, and sailing. Read this article to find out the dates of events in the Emerald Coast scheduled for the next months of 2017 and all information on services for yacht owners.
Regattas calendar 2017 in the Emerald Coast
The regatta program organized by the Porto Cervo yacht club for 2017 has been made even richer to celebrate its important anniversary. The calendar includes prestigious competitions of international relevance that will be held both in the wonderful setting of the Emerald Coast and abroad. The regattas scheduled from July to September 2017 in Porto Cervo and the surrounding area are:
- 21 – 23 July Yccs Members Championship, the event, which will take place aboard the Smeralda 888 one-design boat, is the classic summer regatta of the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda, which reaches its 19th edition;
- 6 August Yccs Members Championship, the race returns to Emerald Coast after a year of stop caused by bad weather conditions along the route Porto Cervo – Poltu Quatu- Porto Cervo;
- 20 August Trofeo Formenton, friendly and commemorative competition for sailing lovers along the spectacular coastline of Porto Rafael;
- 21 August Palermo – Porto Cervo – Montecarlo, there are 500 miles between Palermo and another queen of the Mediterranean, Monte Carlo, with its exclusive yacht club;
- 3 – 9 September Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup & Rolex Maxi 72 Worlds, the editions of this international regatta with Rolex as sponsor are 28;
- 10 settembre Yccs 50th Anniversary Regatta, this competition is organized to celebrate YCCS birthday;
- 12 – 16 September Audi J/70 World Championship, first time in Porto Cervo for this event with the fast J/70 boats;
- 22 – 24 September Audi Sailing Champions League, 3rd edition for the final of this competition involving the best European teams.
For more details about these regattas, visit the official website of the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda.
Sardinia yacht club in Porto Cervo: a paradise for lovers of boats and sailing
Marina di Porto Cervo is equipped to host up to 700 boats from 1 to 6 mt all year round. Each mooring is equipped with water and electricity supplies. The port area includes: the New Marina and the East Dock or Old Port, which is located in the village of Porto Cervo. The latter, with its long dock, receives the biggest yachts. The Porto Cervo Yards, specialized in carpentry, painting, and on-board installations, can accommodate in their covered sheds sail and motor boats up to 250 tons, while in the square they offer maintenance and repairs for boats up to 45 m. The marina is also equipped for the transfer of boats with slipway and travel lift. The area includes three warehouses for over 7,000 square meters of surface.
Services available for yachting in Porto Cervo Marina
Thanks to the spectacular scenery of the Emerald Coast, the wide variety and quality of the available services, the staff skills, Porto Cervo Marina is one of the most important tourist ports in the Mediterranean Sea. Visitors at Porto Cervo Marina can take advantage of: refueling, exhausted oil collection and waste bin, laundry, market, ice, wc/showers, shipchandler and WiFi service. Mooring assistance is guaranteed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week even on holidays. The owners of sailing and motor yachts up to 45 mt. of length can entrust their boat for repair and management throughout the year to the yards of Porto Cervo.
Sardinia Yacht Club in the Emerald Coast: exclusive comforts and history
Yacht enthusiasts and luxury boat owners will find a pleasant atmosphere at Porto Cervo yachting club, a select international clientele, exclusive services, some of which are only for members. Its clubhouse of 6,000 sqm has 24 suites, a panoramic terrace with pool, spa and wellness centre, renowned restaurants, and bar. The sailing school has a long experience of thirty years. The sports centre is equipped with car parks, services, and comfort for moments of relaxation.
The fifty years of history of Sardinia yacht club in Porto Cervo are full of prestigious successes and international events. The yacht club was founded in 1967 by Prince Aga Khan, Andrè Ardoin, Giuseppe Kerry Mentasti and Luigi Vietti. Since 1972, with the first edition of the Boulevard Week, the YCCS has worked to gain a leading role in the world of international competitions. In 1983, Azzurra competed for the America’s Cup ranking third in the qualifying regattas and attracting the Italian and foreign attention of sailing enthusiasts. In 1992 Destriero reached a big achievement by crossing the Atlantic in 58 hours, 54 minutes, and 50 seconds. Today, after fifty years of competitions, YCCS boasts important partnerships with the Monaco and New York Yacht Clubs.
Immobilsarda feels honoured to have been witness of the great successes of this Sardinia Yacht Club. During its 40 years of history it has assisted many people, also enthusiasts of sailing and boats who have found in the Emerald Coast a heaven of services and facilities for yachting, to buy and sale luxury villas and apartments in Porto Cervo and surroundings. Immobilsarda has helped them to choose the housing solution ideal to satisfy their great passion for boats, sails, and sea.